If you have members who have been on alert for a while, the shift to add Subscriptions to invoices will generate a separate invoice for each missed payment. This can result in potentially having a lot of open invoices.
This is a good thing. This gives you insight as to what payments are owed.
To give some context, when a plan subscription is created, an invoice is generated and, typically, closed out immediately. When we made this change, the system will also generate an invoice for every payment that was missed each member.
How do I manage this?
There are a few things to do.
1. Go to your Invoices tab. You can find that in the left navigation bar. This will take you to a list where you can see all current open invoices.
2. You will want to pay attention to the "Date Opened" column. Look for invoices that are the oldest. You will want to take care of those first.
3. For each outstanding invoice, you have the option to
- View Invoice
- Charge and Close Invoice (This will try to collect payment on the invoice)
- Forgive invoice (This will write off the invoice and prevent any further collection attempts)
4. You will want to take action on each outstanding invoice. In general, look for invoices that are old or have a high dollar amount. The only invoices that should remain open are invoices for future payments or open invoices for retail purchases.